Sunday, 4 March 2012

Needlepoint with Naughty Boys

Always on the lookout for new things to try with the kids, I hadn't entertained that my stichery might be a good resource. But for the first time I had attempted to engage in my longstiching in the presence of The Boy.
I thought during rest time (watching Cars 2) I could get away with inconspicuously threading my way to completing Baby Girl's cushion. Perhaps he wouldn't even notice.
Who was I kidding. He was instantly rubbernecking to see what I was doing. It got to the point that I would thread the (blunt) needle through the cloth and he would pull it all the way through and pass it back. He enjoyed it - once he realised that the needle losing its thread wasn't the end of the world - and he didn't manage to ruin the project. It was painfully slow granted but a new skill nonetheless.
Now how many times does a three and three quarter year old need to say "neeeeeeedle" before it gets annoying. In fact its fourteen.
Now is it just me - after approximately sixty viewings (daily since Christmas) I still don't really get the storyline of Cars 2.